Saturday, May 7, 2011

Counterfeit Kit and A Plan

There's a very cool challenge blog called "Counterfeit Kit" that took me a while to figure out, but I really wanted to after seeing it on some very cool blogs, like this one and this one.  Essentially, the challenge blog selects a paper crafting kit each month and then invites participants to create their own kit based on their selection.  The kit selected this month is the  Work in Progress May Kit.  This is what it looks like:
And here's its description:  "Contents of this kit include: 10 Patterned Papers (4 Basic Grey Life of the Party and 6 Pink Paislee Hometown), Pink Paislee Hometown layered chipboard stickers, Pink Paislee Hometown Alphas, Pink Paislee Hometown Die Cut Pack, Basic Grey fabric covered brads, 8 shipping tags, and 1 yard yellow polka dot ribbon. "
It's already sold out, but maybe you can make your own or make a variation like I did.  I substituted patterned papers from Old Towne Tavern, Mustard Moon, Melissa Frances, Little Yellow Bicycle, The Paper Loft, Graphic 45, Jenni Bowlin, and Basic Grey. For the shipping tags, I'm using some from Seven Gypsies and Basic Grey.  Chipboard letters from Cosmo Cricket replace their pink paislee ones. I'm using Club Scrap corduroy covered brads and an assortment of chipboard embellishments to sub for their chipboard stickers and brads. I replaced the die cut pack with a couple of sheets of Tim Holtz "Games" patterned paper and put in teal rubbon and ruler ribbon for the yellow polka-dot.  It was tons of fun to create.  It has a bit more of a vintage feel and is not as bright, but I think it's true to the original inspiration.
And the plan? I'm going to use it to make a series of "small memory cards", a la Sian's idea, to capture memories I have of childhood trips to Houston, Texas.  And, each time I make a card, I'm going to try to make a layout for my heritage/genealogy album!  We'll see how I do.
Are you intrigued by the counterfeit kit challenge?  Have you done it before?

No comments:

Post a Comment