Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Modigliani Challenge

Ayala, who hosted the 29 Faces Challenge in February is hosting a Modigliani Challenge in March.  The idea is to choose four Modigliani paintings and reproduce them.  I think it's an intriguing idea, and I selected these four paintings:
I'm looking forward to giving this a try, but I have to admit that I'm not sure what the results will be like.  One of the best classes I ever took was a class taught by Dina Wakley where we drew inspiration from various artists.  I'm not sure if I'll go for true reproductions r work on drawing inspiration.  We'll see what happens.  Either way, it's truly a challenge and a stretch for me, which I think is a good thing.  When was the last time you really stretched your artistic muscles?

No comments:

Post a Comment