Friday, March 9, 2012

Ten (12 actually) on the Tenth: Inspirational Starting Points

As I mentioned yesterday, I recently worked my way through the wonderful free class "Finding Your Muse" by Alisa Burke.  I shared a painting I made based on one of my photographs.  Today, I wanted to share ten more photographs that I find inspiring. The problem was that I couldn't stop at ten, so with apology to the others who are playing along with Shimelle's Ten on the Tenth, here are Twelve on the Tenth! 
Photograph 1: I love the sunflare and the perspective of taking a picture of the back of someone. I like the sense of movement which is implied.
Photograph #2 Love the street photography feel of this. Plus, Mexican wrestler parody - what's not to love?
Photograph #3 Love the sky, love the strength, love the anonymity of another shot taken from behind.
Photograph #4 I love the difference in scale between the boy and the firetruck. I love that I know he is thrilled to see this truck. Another photograph taken from behind and another street photograph.
Photograph #5 Love the solitary feel of the tree and the movement suggested by the path. Love the subtle color palette, too.
Photograph #6 There's something about the way this tree hugs the wall that suggests family to me.  Nature composed such a beautiful pattern with those branches, too.
Photograph #7 More street photograph, catching a slice of life from behind, with lots of movement and interesting scale. I'm certainly seeing some common threads running through here.
Photograph #8 I love the magic of the forest suggested here through its texture, as well as the color palette.
Photograph #9 I love the colors and the rustic nature of these animals, and I love the packed composition of the photograph.
Photograph #10 - I love the composed nature of this photograph, the depth of field and the texture.
Photograph #11 I love the intensity of the color (juxtaposed with the pop of white) and the sharpness of focus.
Photograph #12 I love the subtle colors and the way the ribbons flutter in the wind. I'm sure this is what first got me thinking about prayer flags.
The next step is the process suggested by Alisa is to actually do something with your inspirational starting point.  Up top is an art journal page based on one of the photographs. Can you guess which one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment