Thursday, March 8, 2012

PPF: Painting from Inspiration

I've worked my way through the wonderful free class "Finding Your Muse" by Alisa BurkeShe suggests unplugging and finding some things that inspire you by going out for a photo walk or a sketchbook ramble. I find the unplugging really hard, but it's definitely something I need to do more often. Although I didn't get out to take any fresh pictures, I turned to my existing photo files to select some photos that really inspire me.  I found this picture of daisies. I love the soft blur juxtaposed with the sharpness of some of the petals. Love the intensity of the colors. The next step is the process suggested by Alisa is to actually do something with your inspirational starting point.  So, I took out my acrylic paints and made this art journal page:
It's one of the first paintings I've ever made where I didn't start with a sketch.  I just started laying down color in appropriate shapes.  It came together quickly, and I really like how it turned out.  For you painters out there, do you usually start with sketch or do you start with color? And for the rest of you, where do you find inspiration?  Come back tomorrow and see my "ten on the tenth" post with some more photographs that I find inspiring. For today, check out this link to see other painters participating in Paint Party Friday's Celebration of One Year of PPF!  

No comments:

Post a Comment