Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More "Wild" Art and Thoughts on Scale (PPF!)

Here's another art journal page I made in the "Art of Wild Abandonment" class.  It was such fun to cut leaves from various patterned and textured paper and also to make little houses to hang on my branch.  I liked it quite a bit. On the other hand. . .
I wasn't as crazy about this page. I painted vellum and the cut it up to make the butterfly and the poppies. Made some mushrooms/toadstools out of old sewing pattern paper.  I think there's something "off" about the scale of everything.  It feels huge and a little clumsy to me.  Maybe I'm just more comfortable with small, detailed things. . .
What about you? Are you more large scale or small scale?
***********************************************************
p.s. edited to add that I'm linking this Thursday post up to Paint Party Friday because I'm posting my monthly self-portrait on the last Friday of the month. Confused? Don't be. Go to this link to see lot of other painterly goodness for PPF!

No comments:

Post a Comment