Wednesday, April 4, 2012

College Visits

Woof.
Earlier this week, Henry and I went Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, to check it out, and we both loved it. It's the right size, has a great college feel to it, takes academics seriously and has a rockin' sports culture (at least for basketball). Every single person we met during the day was helpful and nice. And the soccer coaches, facility and program are top-notch!  Keep your fingers crossed for him (next year).
I didn't bring my camera, but I did do a little sketching, including this one:
We had been planning to go visit two more colleges at the end of this week - University of Oregon and Oregon State - but we decided to put that off for now. We just weren't up for a ten hour drive and devoting four days to do the visits just now. It's spring break, and we decided to enjoy the rest of the week instead. We figured that we could visit them next year if Henry gets into those colleges. 
Did you go to college? Did you visit before you decided where to attend? What made you choose your school? 
************************************************************************
Today, I'm participating in Abi's "Operation Speak Out," which encourages people to come out of lurkdom and comment on blogs. So, look for me to comment on your blog.
And feel free to participate and leave me some comment love!

No comments:

Post a Comment