Monday, April 23, 2012

A Week in the Life: My Weekend

I started a photography/scrapbook project called A Week in the Life on Saturday, and here's an assortment of photos from the weekend.  On Saturday, Gypsy watched with great apprehension as I packed up to take Henry off to a soccer tournament in Manteca, Ca.  She hates it when we leave .
It was brutally hot, so the fans hung out under tents (my group was under the blue Adidas tent). The boys won both games, and Henry scored a goal. I spent most of my time trying to film the game. I hope to figure out how to create videos. If so, I'll post one later.
Meanwhile, Paul spent time at home working in the garden.  He pulled out the bulbs, planted some flowers and added to the herb garden:
Clara's weekend is summed up with one photograph:
She spent Saturday working on homework (symbolized by her backpack) and then got all dressed up to go to a Quincenera (represented by the high heels). She wouldn't let me take a picture of her when she got home all dressed up. In fact, "wouldn't let me take a picture of them" will probably be a theme of the "Week in a Life." Sigh.
Sunday was quiet.  I went to yoga:
I should have taken a picture of the Farmer's Market I stopped by on my way out of yoga, but I forgot. At home, things were pretty quiet.  Paul and I worked on our travel plans for the summer, specifically the week we will spend in Barcelona.  The kids slept late, then occupied themselves with electronics. Here's Henry playing Xbox and the cat lazying about:
So that was our weekend. I'd love some suggestions for how to get cooperation from family members to get their pictures for this project.  I'll do a mid-week post with more scenes from my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment