Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Inspiration Board

I'm still working through the assignments from a class called "The Art of Wild Abandonment." Week 3 took students out of their sketch books and art journals and into three dimensional  projects. I'm not sure I'll do all of them, but I did like the idea of creating an Inspiration Board.  I started with a canvas board, covered the bottom third with napkins and a drapery sample, painted the top part black and then placed some fantastic cotton lace across the middle. I've been saving that lace for a special project and this is it!  The key was covering the lace with clear gesso, so that it becomes stiff enough to hold inspirational items:
I can also pin things onto the lace if need be. I plan to hang it over my desk.  Do you have any kind of inspiration board?  Blog friend Sian has this very cool wire-filled frame which she uses as a mood board.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment