Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Windmills, Water Towers and Beehives: A Peek inside my Sketchbook

Last weekend I traveled to California's central valley to take my son Henry to a soccer tournament. All kinds of images filled my head and made their way into my sketchbook. These are all common sights in the valley, but not very common around here. Well, the old fashioned windmill came from my imagination, not the valley!  But I did see lots of windmills, and I did a larger, more realistic windmill based on the ones that populate the valley:
I also looked at some stylized bee images and came up with my own version:
Are any of these common sights near where you live?
**************************************************
A few blog notes:
1. Yesterday, I posted this asking for your vote. If you didn't get a chance to check it out yesterday, please do today. Thanks!
2. Tomorrow, April 5, I plan to take place in Abi's "Operation Speak Out" and pledge to comment on all the blogs I visit. Are you playing along? You can read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment