Friday, April 6, 2012

Tag Inspiration from Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog features a kit each month and encourages participants to dig through their own stash and create (and then use) a similar kit.  This month, they chose a really cool kit from Kits de Somni (a Spanish company, I think).
It's an interesting kit, with lots of products from Pink Paislee's Spring Jubilee, Amy Tangerine and Christy Tomlinson.  I fell in love with the Pink Paislee tags in the upper left corner and decided to make some of my own.
I grabbed some shipping tags and key envelopes; a couple of shadow stamps; "Vivid" inks in straw, spring green and turquoise; and an assortment of image stamps (Tim Holtz birds and butterflies, Stampin' Up camera and some miscellaneous Club Scrap ones) to create these (and the ones up top):
I'm really quite pleased with how they came out.  I'm going to use them in a travel journal I'm making for our trip this summer. Have I mentioned I'm going to teach at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland for three weeks in June (and plan to meet blog friend Sian while I'm there)?  We'll add another week onto the trip at the end -  Barcelona, Spain is the current, most likely additional locale (although we've also thought about Amsterdam, Holland).
Inspired by the Christy Tomlinson products in the original kit, I grabbed some Dina Wakley art journal girl stamps and made these, which might be used in either an upcoming Mail Art Exchange or an art journal:
This was a fast, fun project, and I love the results. Have you played along with CKC lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment