Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Mardi Gras Time!

Tuesday is Fat Tuesday, but Mardi Gras has been going on for weeks in New Orleans, La.  I love New Orleans, and it's a place I would love to go and take my camera. I had a magical night there once with some good friends. We started with a crawdad boiled dinner and ended up spilling out of a little local bar, following a cajun band and dancing in the streets.  They survived Hurrican Katrina, rebuilt their house and still live in New Orleans, working to help rebuild that great city.

Over at Paper Artists Online, one of my friends is sponsoring a Mardi Gras challenge to create something with green, purple and gold, and I decided to make a Mardi Gras house for my row house swap.  I hope the recipient likes it!

Do you have any New Orleans, Mardi Gras or Carnival stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment