Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Joy of Art Journaling

Get Well Soon (art journal page)

Finally had time to play in my art journal again.  This one is a bit Frida Kahlo inspired (due to the color scheme of the top band and the topic - illness & recovery).  It's about being grateful for finally being well and about how panicked I am with everything I need to do.  I really like the finished product.  More importantly, I loved making it!  As I mentioned, I recently re-started art journaling through a class taught by Dina Wakley at Get it Scrapped.  You can read about my journey into art journaling here and here.  By the way, for those who asked, I used Strathmore spiral-bound Watercolor cold press 400 Series (140 lb.) pads for my current journals.  One is 11"x15" and the other is 9"x12."  I buy them at Michael's Craft store, either on sale or with a coupon. Since they're almost full, I just ordered some of these from Dick Blick.
Anyway, Dina just announced that she's offering her introductory class - Art Journaling 101- beginning on March 22nd.  Since I jumped into her courses mid-way and because I don't have any classes planned for March, I'm thinking of signing up for it.  It comes with a $10 off coupon for a digi-art journal class to be offered in April.  You can check out the announcement here.  Anyone else tempted?

No comments:

Post a Comment