Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Altered Slide Mailers

I'm in a swap where we are altering "slide mailers."  They are small cardboard holders originally developed to mail microscope slides without breakage.  I used Tim Holtz's alcohol ink agate technique to create the background for the cover and created this slide mailer called "moon garden."  I thought it was pretty cool and was all set to mail it off, until I received mine from my swap partner.  It was so amazing that it blew me away!  Here's a picture of the outside and the inside:




So, I went back to the drawing board and created a double mailer called "captured muse."  The idea is that I have captured the muse for my swap partner so that she will know where to find it anytime she seems to have lost her creative mojo.  Here's the front and inside.  I used Tim's shabby chic technique for the background on the inside:

But I cracked the glass on the captured muse when putting on the finishing touches.  And I'm beginning to think my original one might be better.  Please help me!  Should I send my swap partner "Moon Garden" or "Captured Muse"? Which would you prefer to receive?  Have you ever altered a slide mailer?  It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment