Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I love Ireland and all things Irish.  We've been lucky enough to visit there twice.  Both times we stayed for about a month during the summer while I taught in a summer abroad program.  We stayed in Dublin on the campus of Trinity College and then went on wonderful excursions during the weekends. We had wonderful hosts and played tons of soccer on the beautiful pitch in front of the Pav (or Pavilion).  We also saw lots of great theater and enjoyed watching TV in the pubs. But my very favorite memory of Ireland was the day we biked around the Aran Islands.
So, to celebrate my love of all things Irish, I made a few St. Patrick's Day cards. I have a huge assortment of Celtic stamps, but only used one on these cards.  I found the shamrock eyelets in my metal stash last week and became determined to use them up. Sunflowers and Dragonflies is also running an Irish challenge, and you may want to check that out here.
Feel free to share your favorite Irish memory.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment