Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saints and Angels (Art Journal Page)

I've been continuing to work on art journal pages about religion and spirituality.  Seemed appropriate for a Sunday post.  I really liked this one about angels and saints.  The background on the tags is made with Tim Holtz' technique for ink drops with distress reinkers.  I actually drew the cross with pastels.  This is the first page in my new brand/style of art journal, and I really like it.  I made one other art journal page which I liked but is too personal to share.  The third page started out really well and then I messed it all up, so I covered half of it with gesso and will return to it later.
This page is called "Saints and Angels." My favorite Saint is St. Anthony (patron Saint of lost things).  I pray to him like crazy when I lose anything important, and he always seems to come through. I have a gold cross that I bought in Dublin a dozen years ago and wear everyday.  I lost it when I was sick (on the day I went in for a chest x-ray).  I looked in my purse, my pockets, my bed, everywhere, but couldn't find it. Then last week, it showed up in the bottom of my purse.  I was thrilled!  So, I decided to sketch my cross on this page as a tribute to St. Anthony.  I also really like The Virgin of Guadalupe (that's the stamped image), so included her, too.  Do you have any favorite or patron saints?

No comments:

Post a Comment