Sunday, March 21, 2010

What's Next?

A couple of years ago, I found this terrific glass washboard at my local antique store.  Early on, I decided that I wanted to add these shells and seaglass pairs.  The pairs speak to me of the "organic" principles which motivated Frank Lloyd Wright. I love how the manmade and natural reflect each other.  Yesterday, I finally attached them.  But now I'm stuck on what to do next.  I'm working on the idea of making it into a sign that says Gallo Organico for my studio (no  matter that I don't have a studio currently - I know I will someday!).
One idea I have is to go with Chipboard letters, "G" and "O" for Gallo Organico.  I could paint them someway.  I think I might add a wooden scroll cut rooster.














I have also thought about using smaller chipboard letters to spell out Gallo Organico, although I would have to hyphenate Organico.














I could also put the scroll cut rooster up top. I also considered painting directly on the glass, but since it's a washboard, it's rippled.  I think it would be too difficult to paint well.  Definitely interested in any and all suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment