Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last Dance (Art Journal Page)

On Sunday, I got together with some friends to scrap. I worked on DD's "school days album," which catalogs her activities in elementary school.  Even though she's in 6th grade, I was working on her 4th grade year and came across pictures from her dance show show that year.  They brought up such strong emotions, that I decided to do an art journal page about them.  For those in the shimelle class, notice my nicely pleated ribbon! You can click on the page to enlarge it and examine it.  I drybrushed gesso over the photograph.
Here's the journaling:
"Fading memories . . .
They say that scrapbookers are really good at scrapping the first . . . the first tooth, the first step. But we often miss the last . . . the last time you read your child to sleep or the last time you walk them to the bus.  When I scrapped this ballet show two years ago, I didn't realize it was the end of dance.
But now I do, and it makes me a little sad.  Basketball and swimming are fine, but I miss this . . .
The End . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment