Monday, March 15, 2010

More Patterned Paper Scraps

In Shimelle's Something from (Almost) Nothing class, the second prompt on patterned paper suggested punching out shapes of patterned paper to use on a layout.  I knew I had this Christmas tree farm layout to put together and had been having trouble figuring out what to do.  So, before bed the other night, I grabbed a few scraps of xmas patterned paper and punched circles and xmas trees.  The next morning I put this layout together in less than half an hour and am shocked by how much I love it. It's simple but somehow still works for me! After having perused all the lovely layouts in the class forum and participant's blogs, it occurred to me that this prompt was almost as much about dusting off punches as it was about using patterned paper! I'm not that punch of a punch girl.   I have some basic geometrics: circles, squares, a tag, and a scallop. Then just a few favorites in my stash - a leaf; a butterfly; an xmas tree; maybe a few more.  What about you? Do you have punches?  Do you use them much?

No comments:

Post a Comment