Sunday, May 16, 2010

A bouquet of flowers for you!

Birthday Party month continues over at Something Completely Different, and they're featuring twinchies this month.  I submitted one with a butterfly theme last week, and here's my submission for this week on the theme of flowers.  I used the same background - plaster, sprayed with adirondack color wash.  I was drawn to a slightly subtle "take" on the flower theme.
Meanwhile, in the Get out of Auto Mode photography class I'm taking at BPS, one of the assignments was to take pictures of flowers using close-up mode.  I was pretty happy with these two shots:


When I took wildflower pictures on my nature hike a few weeks ago, I liked the flower pictures taken in portrait mode best.  To get pictures I really liked with the close-up mode, I found that I really had to fill the whole frame with whatever I was photographing.  I'm still working on the other assignments for the first week of the class.
Finally, here are two photo cards I made with some of the prints from my wildflower walk.
Hope you enjoyed this bouquet of flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment