Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Let's Talk Kit Clubs (Swatch Books)

For the last nine years, I've been a member of Club Scrap, one of (if not the) original scrapbook kit clubs.  Besides having original, very high quality paper and designs, they are always a little ahead of the curve on techniques.  From the beginning, they offered stamps and stencils are part of their kits. Their customer service is amazing, and the owners (Tricia and Dinah) make you feel like they know you, even if they have thousands of members all around the world. They offer a variety of different levels and kits, and I've tried lots of different variations over the last decade.  But I've never seriously considered dropping my subscription.  I'm a very happy customer!
Club Scrap often includes little projects and minialbums in their kits. Sometimes I put them together right away, but sometimes I put them into a hatbox for later. Well, my unfinished projects hatbox is currently overflowing, so I pulled out a few projects to work on this week.  I made these two little swatch  books this afternoon, and it was such a nice feeling of accomplishment.  Not sure what I'll do with the top one (decorated with the Club Scrap Gratitude collection), but I'm going to use the second one (decorated with the Club Scrap Memoirs collection) to keep a list of art ideas!
Are you a member of any kit clubs?  What has been your experience with them?  I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment