Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Busy, Busy (photos to scrap)

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to create art. I started teaching my new semester on Monday night (a huge, heartfelt thank you to all your wonderful comments on my video yesterday; they made me feel terrific!). Today (Wednesday) is the first day of school for my kids. We got all the school shopping done, and DS Henry finished all his summer work in the nick of time. In spite of the above sign I spied at the baseball field over the weekend, I'm pretty ready for them to go spend some time with their teachers and friends!
Speaking of the baseball field, the boys had another successful weekend, winning the tournament:
I tried my hand at taking some "generic" baseball pictures I might be able to use for greeting cards or sports-themed artwork.  As my photography skills continue to improve, I think this is something I'd like to do more of.  Here's the best shot, which I turned to sepia, but  I think could be improved with other effects (once I learn photoshop):
Of course, I had to take a couple of my boy, who was really happy to have contributed with his bat this tournament (by hitting well and scoring a lot; interesting note, at this age level, the travel teams all play with wood bats instead of metal/aluminum/composite). He usually contributes with his glove (he normally plays amazing defense, but our pitchers threw so well in this tournament, that wasn't really needed):
Love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment