Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Fantasy World of Michael DeMeng

I've been working on this altered book spread for a while, but I'm very happy with how it came out! The theme for the book was "Fantasy," and I decided to create a spread about the fantasy world of Michael DeMeng.  The background is textured gesso, colored with DeMeng's recipe for Uzzzh, with some added green.  I adhered some grungeboard elements (key, flourish and letters) and a plastic tree.  I cut a niche, filled it with a picture I took of my sister holding a skull at a nature museum and covered it with some mesh.  The picture of the model is from a fashion magazine and the other picture is one I took of the Budapest Opera House. You can see more details if you click on the image to enlarge it. It was a ton of fun to make and it definitely meets the Gingersnap Creations challenge for creating a 3D object with paint.  The themes, color and style are all inspired by Michael DeMeng. I find it inspiring and useful to create in the style of other artists.  Have you ever done that?

No comments:

Post a Comment