Monday, August 16, 2010

Haiku Winner & Shimelle Party Entries

Quiet Summer Night
A final haiku for you
Thanks for joining me

"Haiku in blogland" turned out to be a terrific success.  Thanks again to Tammy Lee for providing the inspiration in the first place.  Twelve wonderful bloggers participated, and you can see their entries here.  The participants were:
1. Helena   2. Becky   3.  Sian  4.  Tammy Lee  5. Denise   6.  Karen
7. Marie   8. Deb (England)  9.  Amy  10.  Jennifer  11.  Deb (Az.)  12.  Laurie
The random winner is 
#5 Denise!  Denise, email me with your address (rinda1961 at yahoo dot com), and I'll put a prize in the mail to you.  
And a second, domestic winner #4 Tammy Lee.  Tammy Lee, send me your address, and I'll drop a prize in the mail to you.
The picture above was taken in response to Shimelle's party prompt to take a picture of something around the house.  Since the deadline is fast approaching to enter the give-aways for her blog party, I'm attaching a variety of other entries.
Here's my entry for a photograph using a reflection.  I'm submitting this because I want to remember too take some other photos using the reflection from my ipad.  I think there's some cool portraits in that idea.
This is my entry for a book-related photograph.  DS Henry read The Kite Runner this summer for Advanced English, and he needs to do a "visual book report" about one of the themes in the book.  He made these kites out of plaster.  He's going to paint them, add some text and then mount them in clay.  It's nice to document this stage of the project.
I did some scrapbooking this weekend, too.  This layout illustrates scrapbooking with squares (see them in the bottom right hand corner).
And scrapbooking with my favorite supplies - Club Scrap, of course!  By the way, this is a sketch from the second to last day of the LYP,LYP class that I've been meaning to use forever.  Speaking of Club Scrap,
here's my entry for my workspace.  It's a stack of Club Scrap pizza boxes that I used to create this weekend.  I like how the shadows indicate the approach of evening. Thanks for all the inspiration, Shimelle!  

No comments:

Post a Comment