Sunday, August 8, 2010

Class Review: Love Your Pictures, Love Your Pages

It's a scrapbooking class. No wait, it's a photography class.  No, I mean it's a series of sketches. No, it's a photoshop class.  Maybe it's a series of e-books.  Actually it's all of those!!!  
I just finished Shimelle's class "Love Your Pictures, Love Your Pages," and I give it an enthusiastic A+! 
The four week class had six prompts each week: three photography prompts; two scrapbooking prompts (which included sketches but also covered design theory and story-telling ideas); and one digital enhancement/photoshop type prompt.  I tended to ignore the last prompt of the week because I don't do that sort of thing, but I still feel like I easily got my money's worth out of this very inexpensive class (16 pounds, but I signed up with the early bird discount and paid about $20 U.S., I think). In addition, there were three free "workbooks" given out at the end of the class - one on technical photography tips; one with a month's worth of sketches; and one with photoshop ideas.  As in all of Shimelle's classes, there was an easily accessible forum and a nice community feel.  Shimmelle monitored the forum, answered questions and participated actively in the class.  One thing I liked about this class was the size of it - it was not too big (like Journal Your Christmas has become). There was something for everybody in this class, and all the "somethings" were very well done - interesting and unique enough so that just about everyone could walk away with some new lessons learned (and maybe some old ideas refreshed).
I completed the above layout in the class.  The photos were taken with the idea of using the floor as a tripod and the sketch came from the "month of sketches" workbook.  Not a typical layout for me, but I love it!
So, if you took the class, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment