Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's your favorite creative holiday?

My favorite creative holiday is definitely Halloween, especially if you toss Dias de los Muertos in with it.  I love making cards and other decorations for these holidays.  So, when I was looking at the current Stampotique challenge (which has a very nice sketch) and perusing my Stampotique stamps, I decided to make my first Halloween card for the year! The orange is inked grungepaper and the bat is inked grungeboard covered with rock candy. Do you have a favorite holiday to create for?


I also wanted to get some input on a class I'm considering for October called "Stump Maria - Halloween Edition."  Prior to class, I would ask students to suggest art supplies that they purchased but didn't know what to do with, and I would come up with Halloween themed pieces of artwork incorporating these supplies.  Anyone who comes up with a suggestion that I end up using will get a $5.00 discount on the class.  Anyone who comes up with a supply suggestion that I can't figure out how to use (i.e. who "stumps" me) will be able to take the class for free.  Does this sound like a fun class that you would want to take?  Any suggestions for refinements?

No comments:

Post a Comment