Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Underwater Torso Trio

How's that for an odd title?  I was working on two different challenges this morning (Something Completely Different's "of the sea" torso prompt and Studio L3's Compendium of Curiosity chipped enamel prompt), and I came up with this little trio which I like quite a bit!  Each one starts with a Club Scrap stamp in cobalt blue archival ink and then has some other stamps layered on top.  I'm particularly happy with the layering on the pirate version.  The silver images are embossed with Ranger's Liquid Platinum, my all time favorite embossing powder, and the treasure chest is embossed with vintage photo distress powders.  I used the chipped enamel technique on two round tags (with broken china and painted shutters) for the two mermaid tags and on a key (black) for the pirate tag.  I hadn't played with embossing powders in a while, and it was a lot of fun! Kindof  put me in the mood for a margarita. But then most things put me in the mood for a margarita! Yo ho ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment