Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crackle Paint Tags

This week's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge at Studio L3 features crackle paint distress.  I made two tags using this technique.  "Art Horizon 2010" started with white (picket fence) crackle paint, and I also used rock candy on the blue stamped bit.  "Nature's Beauty" started with orange crackle paint, and I also used a Tim Holtz mini-mask on the background.  I'm definitely partial to one of them, but before I tell you which one, I'm curious about whether you have a favorite.
Both of the tags also reflect on my 2010 word of the year - Horizon.  The Art Horizon tag has two quotes: "A person can grow only as much as his horizon allows." (John Powell) and "You must learn, day by day, year by year, to broaden your horizon." (Ethel Barrymore). I think Ethel has the right attitude!
On the back of Nature's Beauty tag, I have this Horizon quote: "October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen.  It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once more in sight." Hal Bowland. I'm hoping this thought will help guide me into fall and out of summer more easily.
Once August is over, the year is three-fourths of the way passed.  Have you thought about your "word of the year" lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment