Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last Two Houston Memory Cards

These are my last two Houston Memory Cards (see details here).  I will end up with a set of twelve total, and the project feels done.  
The card on the left is about the quiet, day-to-day activities of the summer I spent in Houston.  It reads: "We spent lots of long days whiling away time at the office of Salas Jewelers. The highlight was taking the mail down the hall and dropping it in the old-fashioned mail slot and then trying to watch it fall all the way down from the tenth floor to the basement mailroom. Back home, Uncle Nano and Aunt Vera taught us how to play canasta and told us tall tales, including one about the 'missing link.'"
The card on the right is about Wylie Street. It reads: "My grandmother and Tia Lupe shared a house on Wylie Street.  Two of my Uncles lived on the same block.  I remember a drainage ditch out front where we caught tadpoles (or was it crawdads?) And at the end of the street was a little market where we could buy cold soda and candy - in all sorts of varieties not found in California."
After making all my cards, I had some scraps left over from my May Counterfeit Kit.  So, I made these tags:
I found the idea for these tags at the A Creative Operation blog during last month's CKC blog hop. Mine are a little different, but I'm happy with them.  Do you have a favorite way to use up scraps?

No comments:

Post a Comment