Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So, what do you think of this?

Plaster is one of my favorite media with which to work.  I've been thinking about some new ways to use it, and I've come up with this design, which is sortof like a patchwork collage:
I like the result pretty well, although I'm going to do something with the upper left hand corner to fill it in.  I'm curious about your reaction to this piece. I almost went totally abstract with just plaster strips in different colors and textures but couldn't resist adding images. I almost stopped there but it felt a little unfinished. I thought about using a row of buttons up top or something more subtle than the lace, flowers and word. So, I'm wondering whether you think this would be better if it were more abstract or less elaborate?  I also considered covering it all with beeswax. What do you think of that idea? I'll no doubt try all these ideas this summer, as well as some others.  So, at this point, I'm open to any and all feedback.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment