Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Art Journal Page (Theme Thursday)

Yvonne at the ARTic Blonde Creations blog offers up all sorts of wonderful stamped art, with an emphasis on ATC's, and always seems to find fun challenges.  She posted recently about this Theme Thursday challenge, looking for summertime art. It inspired me to make today's art journal page. The background is glazed acrylic paints. I stenciled on some Club Scrap designs with Stayz-On ink and added some very cute mini-Marilyn images which I found as part of a set at a garage sale.  And, as the journaling says, I really am looking forward to a fabulous summer. The kids are old enough to be fairly self-sufficient about getting ready for their activities and entertaining themselves when they aren't doing something more structured. I'm enjoying working on my academic writing and looking forward to our summer travel.  But, most importantly, I feel good.  I feel healthy and strong and fit.  All this exercise,  healthy eating and weight loss (yes, the pound have finally started to come off again) is really paying off.  I may not look like Marilyn, but I'm certainly rockin' her attitude right now!
How about you? How's your summer going so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment