Thursday, January 5, 2012

Captions in Paintings (+ Paint Party Friday)

When I painted my series of watercolor faces for the "Faces 101" class I'm taking (you can see the other paintings here), I found myself compelled to add captions to them.  The one on the left reads "She always blushed when she drank too much." The one on the right, simply "Pixie Cut."  I found myself doing the same thing when I drew some faces in the next lesson.  Except for this drawing, which I didn't caption:
Nothing came to me. So, now it's your turn. What caption or title would you add to this face? Or would you just let her be?
I'm linking up today to "Paint Party Friday," a blog challenging artists to paint and post at least once a week. You can see the current week's paintings at this link. My blog friend Gloria is a regular participant and planted the seed in my head.  Thanks Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment