Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Drawing. Less Stamping?

One of the things I want to do with my artwork this year is to make it more "my own" - to include more of my original art (drawing, photography, etc.) and fewer images created by other people (through purchased collage sheets, clip art, stamped images, etc.). 
So, I'm taking a class on drawing and painting faces.  Here's some early attempts. What do you think? Do you have a favorite? I also plan to compose more photographs to use in my mixed media collage.
As for using fewer images from other people, I'm having a hard time purging my collection of images. Although I think I can (and will) do it. But I can't even bear the thought of getting rid of my stamps. Although I'm feeling pretty "done" with card making at the moment, I'm not yet ready to get rid of my stamps. It just doesn't feel like time.
I guess the question I keep rolling over in my mind is the extent to which I feel good using tools and images created by other to create my own art. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment