Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Music Monday


When working with Henry to clean up the desk top in his room, we came across a few itunes gift cards. He said he didn't use them anymore and that I could have them.  He gets all his music off of You Tube these days, but I decided to go old school and buy some new music.  In particular, I decided to support some artists that are new to me and not widely established (at least in the U.S.) by buying their albums.  First up, I bought "The Head and the Heart" by The Head and the Heart.  You can check out the video for" Lost in My Mind" above.  Next up:

I bought the album "Father, Son, Holy Ghost" by Girls. You can check out the video for the song "Honey Bunny" above. My next purchase:

I bought the album "Helplessness Blues" by Fleet Foxes. This is a video of the song "Grown Ocean."  Finally, I bought an album from a band not widely known in the U.S. (though I hear they're big in the U.K.):

They're called Elbow, and I bought the album "Build a Rocket Boys!" The video above is for the song "With Love."
I also bought several songs from The Decemberists and Trevor Hall.  I love having new music on my ipod! Do you have any good new music to recommend? Do you fancy any of the ones featured here today?

No comments:

Post a Comment