Friday, January 27, 2012

Paint Party Friday Night: Gratitude Journal

I'm arriving at Paint Party Friday a little late - you can see the other participants at this link. But I'm really happy to have done this page because it finishes up my Gratitude Journal, which I started way back in June, 2010!  The journal is very rustic - the pages are made out of plaster, and this page has also been collaged with an assortment of patterned papers.  The Journal is called "Pieces of Me," and each page describes something for which I am grateful.  Here's a sampling of some of the other pages:
I am so glad to have this journal finally completed!  And it makes me interested in pulling out some more plaster to work with (although it's easiest to work with that medium when the weather is hot and dry, so I may have to wait).  It reminds me of a friend in Southern California who only knits in the winter because her hands get too hat in the summer. Are there certain media that are "season-dependent" for you? 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment