Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Inchies & Twinchies & Blogs with Prizes


I love winning prizes!  Recently, I found a wonderful new blog that runs lots of contests with very cool prizes.  It's called Sunflowers and Dragonflies, and a recent challenge was to incorporate  inchies or twinchies into a project.  Inchies are little 1x1 pieces of artwork, and twinchies are 2x2 pieces of artwork.  I made a set of twinchies, using photos I took at an exhibit at the Academy of Sciences on human facial features, a masked and spray-inked background, and painted grungeboard.  You can see the full set of twinchies here.  I used one of the twinchies on this art journal page with a messy, collagey, spray ink and torn paper background.


Here's a card I made with some inchies.  These were very simple to make, but I think they turned out great.  I cut grungeboard into 1x1 inch squares, inked up a collage stamp (Stampers Anonymous) with water-proof ink, and then pressed the square onto an interesting portion of the stamp.  I colored the image with radiant pearls and a water brush.  They were so easy that I actually did them while supervising homework!

Want some more ideas for inchies and twinchies?  Check out this old post from Mel's blog during the Creative Circle blog hop.  Want someplace to win cool, non-crafting prizes?  Check out my friend Sonja's blog called hello beauty!  She always has fantastic give-aways and interesting beauty advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment