Thursday, January 28, 2010

Project 1440: Capture the Moment

Do you realize there are only 1440 minutes in each day?  What if you were to take a picture of each minute in one day and record it for posterity? You could create an album with them and post to flickr!  Check out this blog for more ideas . . .
Okay, I'm just being silly and poking a little fun at Project 365 and all the other opportunities out there to record our lives in searing detail.  There is no such thing as Project 1440, is there?  Underneath the sarcasm, I actually like the process of recording the everyday and have done two albums in that vein. 
March Madness -
For this project, I took a picture a day for a month.  I did it in March, 2007, and it remains one of my all time favorite scrapping projects.  I used a format for an album that Shimelle featured on her blog here (the blog post links to a great broadcast on Fiskar's TV).  Each page has the picture, a ribbon, a strip of patterned paper, an embellishment, the date and some journaling. It went together super-quick and all coordinates because I cut all the paper, ribbon, and embellishments before I started.
I love how the album really captures our house, kids' and activities at a particular moment in time.  I also think it will be cool to look back at things like my cell phone, calendar and keys in twenty years.





















Week in My Life:
This is a project where I took a bunch of pictures every day for one week and then put them all together in an album.  Ali Edwards does this every year or so on her blog and that was my inspiration. You can read about her project here. I chose a week in Fall, 2008.  In interspersed daily pages with theme pages.  In the photo below, you can see the title page, a theme double-page spread (mornings), a daily double-page spread (Tuesday), and the end page (self-portraits).  Again, I like looking back at this, although the theme pages speak to me more than the daily pages.

I didn't do anything like this in 2009 and wish I had.  This year I'm going to do a monthly layout in our regular albums that have random shots, and I also want to do another mini album of either a week or a month.  The idea of  "Ten photos on the Tenth" of each month (or something similar) also appealed to me.   Have you undertaken any of these projects?  Do you think you'll stick with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment