Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Luna Vintage Rowhouses


I'm in a swap at the Paper Artists Online Forum where we're making altered house fronts. I'm calling my project the "Luna Vintage Rowhouses" because each house will incorporate a vintage photo from the Luna side of my family, vintage sheet music and other vintage ephemera.  Here's the two that I made.  I sent out bags full of the raw ingredients to my swap mates, and they will use the raw materials to complete my set.  Meanwhile, I will be happily working on theirs.  Should be a great swap! That's my mom, by the way, on the taller house.  She must have been about 16 at the time - wasn't she gorgeous!
 I got some inspiration for my houses at a challenge blog called "Something Completely Different," which Mel of the wonderful I Speak Melsh blog turned me onto. Each month they choose a challenge theme and give a new variation each week. Their January theme is arches, and the first two themes were "New Year" (thus the 2010 on the butterfly house) and "Fashion," (I think my mom qualifies).

  The third challenge of the year was arches and angels, so I made one more row house as a thank-you for the swap hostess.  I hope she'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment