Friday, January 15, 2010

Motifs and Symbols - Finding Your Style


I've blogged before about wanting to figure out my signature style.  There are some interesting discussions in the blog post and comments here and here.  In considering my style, I realized that there are certain motifs that call to me, as well as certain symbols that I use repetitively.  Recently, I have found myself drawn to a simple house shape as a motif.  It showed up in this "horizon" page, as well as the simple plaster card at left.  I think of my house as a motif, rather than a symbol, because I don't think of the house as representing anything in particular.  It's just a shape or image that calls to me right now.  I'm working on some other pieces with a similar motif to share this weekend.  Are there certain motifs that call to you and that you return to in your scrapbook pages, cards or artwork?

No comments:

Post a Comment