Friday, January 29, 2010

Things I Do/Things I Don't Do (finding your style)

I really like Karen's blog Random Reflections because it has such a nice variety of thoughtful posts, inspiring cards and nice photographs.  Recently, she posted a link to a new-to-me blog called "Develop on Fridays," which seems to be about finding your personal style.  This is a topic that continues to fascinate me.  The Develop on Fridays blog had lots of interesting information, including a link to this article.  One of the things the article and blog post mentioned was to decide which art forms, techniques and media you embrace and which you have decided simply aren't for you.  I think this is a very useful project, so here are my current thoughts.

Things I embrace in my art:

acrylic paint                             radiant pearls
pastels                                     twinkling H20's
alcohol ink                               stencils
plaster                                      paper
rubber stamps                          ink
my photography                       texture mediums

Things that simply aren't for me:
sew, knit, stitch or crochet                         soldering
watercolor                                                 fabric
sizzix, cricut, etc.                                       copics, markers or colored pencils
digital scrapping, digital art journaling, etc.

Let me make clear that I admire the work and the look of a lot of the things on the second list.  I really would like to be a knitter or learn how to use the computer for art, but it's just beyond me!  I love and admire the look of beautifully colored images with copics, but I don't have the patience for it.  I'm not sure why I do have the patience for coloring with radiant pearls or twinks, but somehow I do.  How about you? What do you do?  What don't you do?  It's Friday, I think I'll go check out "Develop on Friday."

No comments:

Post a Comment