Saturday, April 17, 2010

On the Run (Ten Things)

It's a busy time in blog land this weekend . . . Shimelle is hosting a weekend crop and Ali Edwards is getting ready for her Week in A Life project. Meanwhile, in real life, we've got a full slate of activities, and I've been tagged by Karen to list Ten Things that Make Me Happy and Five Random Facts.  So, here goes:
Ten Things that Make Me Happy:
1.  Watching my kids play sports.  DS Henry (above) is in the midst of baseball season. DD Clara is playing basketball and swimming.  I love watching their enthusiasm and feel blessed to have two healthy children.
2.  Hanging out with my husband.  Last night, we had grilled hamburgers and margaritas.  Then we watched a few episodes of "Life on Mars" on DVD. It's a really fun TV show that only ran for one season. A few other shows we have enjoyed watching together over the years include The West Wing and Couplings (a BBC show).
3.  My iphone.  Love having the internet in my pocket.  Love playing the "Words with Friends" scrabble app. Love posting pictures to facebook when we're out and about.
4.  My new camera bag from epiphanie.  It's bright red and even has a cool name: Lola.
5. My car - DH bought me a BMW328i for our 25th wedding anniversary in December.  I've wanted a BMW 3-series car ever since I was 20, and it really is a joy to drive.
6.  My work.  I am a law professor at the University of San Francisco School of Law.  I love teaching my students, and I love the research I do, primarily on immigrant workers.
7.  Creating.  Photography, art journaling, collage, scrapbooking and cards.  Love it all.
8.  Friends.  I enjoy the time spent chatting, talking and laughing with my various groups of friends.  And I enjoy my group of cyber-friends!
9.  Sleeping late. I hate the fact that five days of the week my alarm clock goes off at 6:30 am, and I have to get up and get the day started.  Conversely, I love the days when I can sleep late.
10.  Completing projects.  This week I've been working on "finishing" a few art projects.  It gives me such satisfaction to declare something done.
5 Random Things about me:
1.  I have five brothers and sisters and 51 first cousins.
2.  I write about contemporary uses of the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (that's the one which prohibits slavery and involuntary servitude).
3.  Even though we're Americans, we're a Manchester United family and we've been in Europe during the last three European Championships.
4.  I know how to read tarot cards, and people tell me I'm pretty good at it.
5.  Here's a random "Photo Essay" I created yesterday.  It's called "Struggling" and shows our team's pitcher working his way through a tough period in the game.  It's random because it's not my child, and I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with it.  But I like it anyway:

No comments:

Post a Comment