Monday, April 5, 2010

What's on your creative/class agenda?

Well, Easter's over (but I'm featuring our eggs from this year up top - we colored brown eggs to get jewel toned eggs; someone suggested they looked like eggs Tim Holtz would color!), and Shimelle's Something from (almost) Nothing should be done (you can read my review of that class Here).  I am loving Dina Wakley's Art Journal 101 class, but that will be over next week.
Lately, I've been pondering what's next.  I don't have any other classes in the cue (or is it que?).  I'm very caught up in my scrapbooking, unless I want to finally tackle my wedding or heritage albums. So, I'm not that interested in a scrapbooking class.  The only one I'm looking at is this once-a-month, year long freebie - The Street Where You Live at Get it Scrapped.  It looks interesting, and it's the kindof thing I could jump into late.  Plus, the price is right!
The one type of class I would seriously consider taking right now is a photography class.  My problem with online photography classes is that they seem really expensive to me.  I've never spent more than $45 on an online class, and I think I would have a hard time doing that. I may try to find a "live" class near my home.  I've also considered purchasing some of the Nikon DVD classes, such as the ones listed here.  I'd appreciate any feedback  or suggestions on photography classes. ETA: Has anyone taken Get out of Auto Mode with Alisha S at Big Picture Scrapbooking? It's four weeks and $60, and I'm thinking about taking it. Thx.
I have several unfinished art journal projects that I would like to turn to. I feel like I have a whole new bag of tricks with which to approach them, so I think I'll be putting some effort into these this month and next.
The other thing I've been seriously considering is getting back to teaching art.  I used to teach monthly at the LSS before it closed.  I haven't taken the initiative to find a new place and get back to it (it's been about a year since they shut their doors).
So, what is on your agenda for the rest of April and May?
Let me know, and I'll be back tomorrow with results from my blog and blogging survey (including the incentive winner).

No comments:

Post a Comment