Friday, February 3, 2012

29 Faces, Part 1

Ayala is hosting a February challenge called "29 Faces," which encourages participants to draw one face a day for the month of February.  I have found that the more I draw faces, the better they get, so I wanted to join along.  Also, I'm still working on finishing up the assignments from the 101 Faces class I started in January. It's a perfect combination.  I'll share the faces in groups, rather than daily, and today's the first trio. The one up top is done with pastels and has a definite Frida Kahlo inspiration.
This second one didn't scan very well, but it's a simple, sweet pencil drawing of Clara (and that pink streak is not there in real life!).  And finally, an art journal page:
It's an acrylic face and the journaling reflects the fact that I'm still not sure how to incorporate faces into my art journal pages.  For more faces, check out the linky here.
These faces are all very different - do you have a favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment