Monday, February 6, 2012

Prayer Flags and Butterflies and face 4 of 29

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and feedback on my art journal page featuring prayer flags. To provide a bit more information, check out this link which describes their origin in Tibet or the wikipedia entry.  I learned that there is a "prayer flag project" run by artists, which you can read about here and also a "peace flag project," check it out here.  Both of these look like wonderful, artistic ventures which are based on the idea of prayer flags but which encourage artists to create their own designs rather than stick to the traditional ones.  I'm a bit of a traditionalists, so I'm not sure how I feel about that. But I'm going to think about it for a while.
And, in the meantime, I'm definitely going to participate in Deb's very cool "Butterfly Project" gathering. Check it out here.
What do you think about artists re-interpreting ancient traditions?
****************************
Today's art is my Day 4 Face for the 29 Faces Challenge. See more faces here.

No comments:

Post a Comment