Thursday, February 23, 2012

Prayer Flag Sampler #1: Trust in Love (PPF)

I missed Paint Party Friday last week, but I'm back today to share the beginning of a new project.  I'm making a Prayer Flag Design Sampler.  I started with a small (about 3"x6") chipboard book which I had covered with gesso. On each of the eight pages, I plan to paint a design for a prayer flag. I think I'll try to stay with the traditional prayer flag color palette (blue, white, red, green and yellow) and put a message on each one that I want to send out to the world. Don't know whether I'll ever turn the designs into larger prayer flags, but I know I'll enjoy this process.
Here's my first flag:  Trust in Love.  One aspect of my one little word for 2012 "Home" is a commitment to nurture my family. To be honest, my 13 year old daughter is very challenging right now. But I trust in love to get us through this tough time.  
Yes love. And cocktails.  Because it is Friday after all. And we made it through a pretty good week with her.
How about you? Are you ready to celebrate Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment