Monday, February 20, 2012

Found in the Attic

I chose "Home" as my one little word for 2012, and I have been working on organizing and decluttering my house - room by room. This week, I decided to tackle the small attic storage area inside the house. The kids have the week off school, and Clara pitched in to help complete this mammoth task. One surprise I found was a large stash of counted cross-stitch projects.  I'd forgotten about these entirely.  I found over a dozen unopened kits (mostly Holiday and baby-related) and supplies which I gave away on freecycle:
(Just FYI - the other things I freecycled were an aerobic step; two largish plastic toddler push toys; an old globe that still had the USSR on it; a telescope; a picnic basket; and a largish plastic toddler slide - I love freecycle!) 
I also found half-a-dozen projects-in-process.  I think it's been ten years since I worked on them, but, since they were all over half done, I decided to hang onto them.  My favorite is up top - a group of Humel girls.  Here's a few others:
I decided to join the Felt Fairy's Monthly Make, so that will be a good incentive to finish some of these up. What kind of surprise craft projects do you have lurking in your storage areas?

No comments:

Post a Comment