Monday, February 27, 2012

Altered Blocks: Feb. Monthly Make, Part 1

When I was cleaning and organizing my craft space, I came across a good selection of wooden blocks. After seeing some of the cool blocks which Deb made, I decided to use my January counterfeit kit to make some altered blocks.  I know it's now the end of February, but I finally used my January counterfeit kit to make a block with a vintage friendship theme:
After getting the hang of it, I made this one with some more heritage photos from my collection:
I like this one better than the first one which I made.  Partly because I love the quote which I put on it (you can read it in the photo at the top of the post), but mostly because it just came together and seemed to flow. I really like having a single block which conveys a certain message. Tomorrow I'll feature a few more blocks, including one that is a set.
*******************************************************************
I made this as part of the "Monthly Make" challenge organized by the Felt Fairy.  To see a list of participants and their projects, check out this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment