Tuesday, February 7, 2012

pink butterfly

My dear friend Deb of Paper Turtle is hosting a gathering of butterflies for The Butterfly Project, a remembrance of the children who perished in the holocaust. You can read Deb's post here. Deb's plan is to gather 51 butterflies by May 1. I'm making two butterflies - one in pink and one in blue. Here's the pink one. It's made of corrugated paper, decorated with flowers on the top.
And stamps on the bottom. Deb's butterfly was made of fabric, but I am not a seamstress! So, I chose this sturdy paper and doubled it for good measure. My other butterfly is being made out of plaster. I'll be sure to post it when it's done.
I hope you decide to join in the butterfly project. It's destined to be one of those amazing blog happenings. I can just tell. The serendipity became apparent to me when I read the comment from my cousin Irene (in Houston, Texas) that she works down the street from the Holocaust Museum and will definitely be participating.  I wonder if she will be able to make a stain glass butterfly (that's her media of choice) or if that won't work for the display.  Will you be participating in the project? What will you make your butterfly out of?

No comments:

Post a Comment